Your cart is empty
POLICY ON PRIVACY AND PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION
Types of Data Collected by GIVENCHY
“Personal data” designates any information that identifies You, either directly (i.e. by your name) or indirectly (i.e. by using a customer number).
In order to provide Us your personal data, You must be over the age of 16.
The personal data that We collect directly from You may include information pertaining to:
- Your name and contact information
- Your areas of interest
- Your purchases (online or in a store) and Your repair services
- Your size and Your style preferences
- The pages You visit on givenchy.com
- The GIVENCHY events You participate in
- Your requests to Our customer service department or Our public relations department
In the event you apply for a job at GIVENCHY, We may collect the following information: Your name and Your contact details, Your resume and Your motivation letter. The personal data that GIVENCHY requires is indicated as such on the various pages that contain forms for collecting personal data. If You do not complete these required fields, GIVENCHY will most likely not reply to Your requests and/or provide you the products and services requested. The other information is optional and enables Us to know You better and improve the messages and services We send You.
Channels by which your data is collected and/or received
As part of Our interactions, we may be required to gather some data through the following points of contact:
- Interactions with Our in-store advisors
- Page clicks on givenchy.com
- Contacts with customer service
- GIVENCHY events that You participate in
- Interactions with Our public relations department
- Forms that You fill out (online or in a store)
- Apps that You use
- GIVENCHY social media pages that You visit and/or comment on or like
- Ads in search engines that You click on
- If You wish, You may contact Our sales advisors and speak with them on an instant messaging app such as WhatsApp, WeChat or a similar program. Our sales advisors will be happy to answer Your questions on this platform. However, We would like to remind you that GIVENCHY cannot guarantee Your data or other information shared on these programs will remain confidential and secure since it is out of GIVENCHY's control and it waives all liability.
Such data or information may be sent to locations outside the European Economic Area. Therefore, We recommend that You familiarize yourself with how these apps are used and their respective policies on personal data protection.
Purposes for which GIVENCHY uses Your data
As part of our interactions and depending on the context in which your data are collected, We are required to use your data to:
• Manage Your orders
• Manage personalized content and GIVENCHY messages (online or otherwise)
• Manage Your profile
• Manage Your online requests pertaining to the GIVENCHY company
• Manage events that You register for or participate in
• Manage Your job application
• Manage Our website and Our digital apps
• Improve Our products and services
When it relates to Your job application, We use Your data to manage and track Your application. We retain a history of transactions and other sales documents in order to meet legal and governmental requirements as well as for the purposes of our insurers and audits. Depending on the manner in which your data are collected, the legal grounds for processing them may be:
- Your consent (i.e. to manage Our personalized marketing offers or through cookies to manage your online browsing session)
- Execute a contract (i.e. process and track your orders, manage access to your customer account)
- A legal obligation if the data processing is required by law (i.e. retaining sales invoices)
- Our legitimate interests, such as improving Our products and services, preventing fraud, securing Our tools or personalizing Our marketing materials.
We solely retain your personal data for the time required to achieve the current objective, to satisfy Your needs or to meet Our legal obligations.
In general, Your personal data are only retained in Our database for a period that is reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined above or for the retention period permitted by law.
- If You are a customer (i.e. you have purchased a GIVENCHY product): For a period not to exceed five years from your initial purchase. This period is renewed each time You interact with GIVENCHY (i.e. you make another purchase)
- If You are a potential customer (i.e. you have never purchased a GIVENCHY product but You are interested in the GIVENCHY brand): Three years from when Your data are collected. This period is renewed each time You interact with GIVENCHY (i.e. you participate in an event)
- If you contact the public relations department: For a period not to exceed 10 years from Your initial contact. This period is renewed each time You interact with GIVENCHY (i.e. you request information from the GIVENCHY company)
- If you are a job applicant (i.e. You apply for a position that GIVENCHY advertises): Two years from when You apply
If cookies are installed on Your computer, We cannot retain them for more than 13 months. Once We no longer require Your personal data, they are deleted from Our systems and records or anonymized so You cannot be identified.
Recipients of your data
Your data are intended for the GIVENCHY departments that handle Your requests. We ensure that Your personal data are only accessible to people who are duly authorized and when needed for the purposes cited above.
We do not share Your data with third parties for marketing purposes.
When necessary, and whenever possible in a format that does not identify you directly, we may share Your information with:
• Other GIVENCHY establishments in order to provide You the same personalized service worldwide
• Our trusted third-party service providers, including other entities in the LVMH Group in their capacity as subcontractor acting on Our directives and solely on Our behalf
For example, We entrust some services to third parties that deliver a product to You, service providers with payment and secure transaction platforms with fraud prevention, vendors that help Us coordinate Our events, suppliers of IT services, web marketing and public relations agencies, and vendors that assist Us with customer service
• Third parties in the event of a change in management for legal reasons or with Our prior consent.
We may also likely provide You the option of using your social media login information. In this case, be aware that You are sharing your profile information with Us. We would like to inform you that these social networks operate under their own privacy policies.
Means by which the privacy of your data is protected
Your rights under the European Directive GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)
Below is a summary of the rights to which You are entitled under this regulation.
• Right to information
• Right to access
You have the right to access the personal data that GIVENCHY possesses about You
• Right to rectification
You have the right to rectify Your personal data if it is inaccurate or outdated and/or to complete any missing data.
• Right to erasure/right to be forgotten
You have the right to erase or delete your data. However, this right may be restricted for legal reasons or due to Our legitimate interests in retaining Your personal data.
• Right to opt out of direct marketing
At any time, you may request to stop receiving Our messages pertaining to Our promotions, news and events. Specifically, you can use the hyperlink provided for this purpose in every email We send to You.
• Right to withdraw consent to process consent-based data at any time
You can withdraw Your consent for Us to process Your data when the processing is based on consent.
You also have the right to contact Your country’s data protection authority to file a complaint against GIVENCHY's data and privacy protection practices.